From November 25 to December 25, applications are accepted from artists and art groups under the age of 35. Projects can consist of works in different genres and media on free subjects. The work that are not conceptually executed in the project, but are isolated works, are not accepted for consideration. The winner of OPEN CALL 2018, chosen by an international jury, will be given the opportunity to implement his project in Dymchuk Gallery in the spring of 2018 for technical, media and financial support of the gallery.
The purpose of the OPEN CALL competition is the development of modern Ukrainian art, as well as the implementation of experimental and critical projects that it is difficult for a young artist to implement without institutional support. The competition is held annually from 2016. During this time 316 applications were considered by the gallery. In 2017, the winner of the contest was the project “Beautiful Exhibition” by Yevgen Samborsky, which opened in the gallery in June 2017. In 2016, the artist Kinder Album and her project “Say NO COLORED PANTi=IES!”, Won in September of the same year.
Terms of participation in the contest:
· The artist is under the age of 35;
· OPEN CALL 2018 presents a fundamentally new project that has not been implemented before;
· The works included in the project are executed in various media on the actual topics;
· Priority will be given to research or critical research.
The application should consist of:
– Biography of the artist;
– Description of the project proposed for implementation (no more than 600 words);
– Technical specifications of the project;
– Estimated budget.
The winner will be announced no later than January 10th 2018. The implementation of the project is scheduled for March 2018.
The application is submitted in PDF format up to 5MB (file name – Open Call_Name of the applicant) to email@example.com, in the subject line, mark Open Call2018 and your name.